DMM Data in Research Studies and Whitepapers
Directory of Major Malls | ShoppingCenters.com has contributed data and co-authored articles, research studies and white papers with various media outlets, research groups and analytic organizations throughout the years.
Below are links to some of these whitepapers, articles and resources:
- Does Apple Anchor a Shopping Mall? The Effect of the Technology Stores on the Formation of Market Structure (Chung, Seo, Song – Harvard Business School / 2019)
- NPR Marketplace: “Meet me at the mall, it’s goin’ down” (September 23, 2019) Our President, Tama Shor, shared some insight on topics including go-kart racing tracks being added to shopping malls.
- Mid Atlantic Real Estate Journal: Maryland’s & Virginia’s Top Power Center List (Volume 31, Issue 2 / Jan. 25, 2019 – Feb. 7, 2019)
- Mid Atlantic Real Estate Journal: New Jersey’s Top Power Center List (Volume 30, Issue 24 / Dec. 28, 2018 – Jan. 10, 2019)
- San Fernando Valley Business Journal: Largest Retail Centers Ranked by Gross Leasable Area (July 9, 2018)
- The Wall Street Journal: The Slow death of the American Mall (December 21, 2017), An analysis of changes in retail chain store occupancy 1995 to present day. WSJ used Directory of Major Malls/ShoppingCenters.com vast archive of major shopping center and mall data for this in-depth study.
- The Wall Street Journal: For Some Struggling Malls, Churches Offer Second Life (October 10, 2017)
- Orlando Business Journal: “Inside the list: Find out more about Central Florida’s retail centers” (April 1, 2016), DMM sourced in partnership with ESRI for article content
- [Whitepaper] The Evolution of the Shopping Center Landscape (July 2015), Co-authored by Directory of Major Malls and Pitney Bowes, providing in-depth analysis of Shopping Center Landscape
- ESRI StoryMap: Phoenix, AZ — Growth of the Major Shopping Center and Mall Market Through Time (January 7, 2015)
- BMS Health Services Research: “On Call at the Mall: a mixed methods study of U.S. Medical Malls” (November 9, 2013)
- ESRI: Upcoming Specialty Retail Projects – The Future Revealed (April 1, 2013)
- ESRI: 50 largest US Shopping Centers (December 14, 2012)
- Mirror Lifestyle: DMM sourced in partnership with ESRI for article content: The 15 Most Fashionable Cities in the Country
- Nielsen – Brick by Brick: The State of the Shopping Center (May 2013)
- Specialty Retail Report DMM supplies list of the top shopping centers in the U.S and Canada sorted by GLA – A good start for specialty retail professionals! – Winter 2012 pages (104 – 107)
- DTZ / Cassidy Turley: (December 2013) 2014 Forecast Report for Retail
- Westfair Business Publications: Major Shopping Centers in New York’s Northern Suburbs and Fairfield County (2012)
- “If You Build It, Will They Come? Anchor-Store Quality and Competition in Shopping Malls” (2009), Job Market Paper (Working paper) by Ravi Shanmugam, Haas School of Business, University of California – Berkeley
Still Need Help?Contact Us