Directory of Major Malls Historical Data
There’s an Old Saying: “What’s Old is New”?
Having been doing what we do for over 38 years we have a WHOLE LOT of useful data archived in our systems.
We’re talking thousands of major shopping center and mall listings with hundreds of thousands of tenants, contacts and location information.
And NOT just malls. The DMM data set coverage has always included retail projects far beyond the conventional “mall”. Properties are classified into the follow categories:
- Community Center – approx. 200,000 – 499,999 sq. ft. in size
- Regional Center – 500,000-999,999 sq. ft. in size
- Super-Regional Center – over 1 million sq. ft. in size
- Power Center – usually open-air in design and with 3 or more big-boxes
- Value Retail – Tenants are predominantly outlets, discount, off-price retailers
- Entertainment – Focus on themed entertainment and restaurants, theaters, attractions, with more limited retail
- Lifestyle / Specialty / Mixed-Use – usually open-air & anchor-less with an upscale mix of tenants. May also include mixed-use combination of retail, office, residential, hospitality, event venue and others.
Past DMM data can be analyzed to forecast future data or trends. 3rd party data can be integrated for expansive analysis on retail saturation, market changes, void analysis, census data and more.
Everybody’s talking about “big data” and “data science,” basically applying sophisticated analytic techniques to large datasets.
One of the things analyst and economists are doing with DMM data is predictive modeling using historical data to make predictions about the future.
If this is something you’re interested in doing or have other use cases, contact us to discuss your needs with one of our data specialists.
Counts indicated above include both operating projects as well as those which are planned/under development. Release date is based upon a January release and therefore are a culmination of research finalized at the end of the previous year. DATEOPENED field may be used to filter out existing projects vs. planned projects from the datasets.
For questions or to request a custom quote, please contact DMM Sales Dept at (845) 348-7000 x204 or use our contact form.