The Leader in Major Shopping Center Data Covering the US & Canada
Who We Are
The Directory of Major Malls | ShoppingCenters.com (DMM) is the leading source for comprehensive, accurate shopping center data. More than just malls, the DMM database covers the full spectrum of retail project types, offering you access to the most comprehensive data on major shopping centers & malls approx. 175,000+ sq. ft. in size and includes:
- Enclosed malls
- Open-air community centers
- Power centers
- Lifestyle / specialty / mixed-use of any size
- Value retail / outlet / off-price
Since the late 1970s, DMM has evolved from a print directory into an online source of retail data with robust query functions, integrated mapping tools, custom reports, contact lists and licensed datasets.
What We Do
Unlike the old days of printed directories, online data at ShoppingCenters.com is continuously updated by DMM’s researchers for accurate delivery to customers and licensees, with hundreds of thousands of data point changes every year, quarterly mobile visitor traffic observation, trade area analysis and retailer and property metric calculations.
DMM is always actively pushing to expand the ShoppingCenters.com dataset and functionality. Inventory listings have exploded in size and breadth to include store locations, site/leasing plans, VIP real estate contacts and so much more. DMM’s network of technology partners advance the evolution from printed directory even further by using shopping center data in their intelligence solutions to provide site location analytics and modeling.
We’ve steadily been integrating new features and data enhancements and metrics provide further deep insight into the projects far beyond the basic size, location and tenants and contact details.
This includes data enhancements, trade area map imagery, graphs and more such as:
• Trade Area Maps with nearby shopping center proximity overlay
• Graphs, Tables and Charts and downloadable PDF illustrating:
- Cross-Shopping Analysis including identification of Top 5 Cross-Shopped Properties
- Visitor Cross-Shopping metrics and distances
- Average Miles by Visitors to properties with the ability to filter by 5 variables
- Nearest Competing and Nearest Comparable Centers
Tenant and Portfolio Focus
- Anchor Store Status incorporating Closed and Vacant Anchor GLA metrics, filtering and analysis
- Retail Chain Type Metrics (National, Regional, Local Regional & Independent)
- Tenant Category Mix Metrics
- DMM Metrics by Center
- Top Owner/Management Company results
- And more…
Expanded Trade Area Demographics from Claritas
Mobile data and segmentation analysis
- Visitor Traffic metrics including Tourism for 50 and 100 miles distances
- PRIZM® Segments and Top 5 Lifestyle Behaviors & Preferences
- Near™ mobile visitor traffic metrics in partnership with BI Spatial analysis
Revised subscription tiers with export options
NAICS codes and Store Chains type designations have been integrated into our expansive associated tenant data. This is a critical growth step and opportunity for Direct Licensees and Resellers to append larger datasets that are driven by retail category classifications. It ensures that statistical reporting and analyses are uniform across geographies when utilizing additional analytic components.
How You Benefit
Our data is leveraged by a wide variety of clients, including:
- Major retailers
- Specialty and seasonal retailers
- Owners and developers
- Service providers
- Investors and financial firms including hedge funds, global investment funds and bank groups
- Leasing agents and brokers
- Architectural, design and construction firms
- Business intelligence
- Analytics consultants
- Retail strategists
- Media (WSJ, NY Times, Bloomberg, Fortune, Forbes)
- Plus integration with a variety of systems like business analytics and GIS systems used by major firms in retail, finance, development, and government sectors
What Can You Do With DMM Data?
- Consumer Shopping, Brand Affinity and Activity Analysis
- Identify large vacant anchor space for expansion, acquisition and redevelopment opportunities
- Reveal directional Visitor Traffic
- Track & Analyze The Retail Landscape with Ease
- Identify Profiles of your the Target Consumers
- Find and Analyze New Retail Location Opportunities
- Pinpoint the Competition and Find Appropriate Co-Tenants
- Track Which Retailers Are Opening or Closing Stores – Evaluate the Tenant Mix
- Analyze Retail Trends What Types of Center are in a Market
- Learn Which Major Shopping Centers Are Affected by Industry activity
- Identify Portfolios of Major Industry Players
- Be Informed About New Construction, Redevelopments and Closings
- Find Out Who Owns The Centers – Find the Property Contacts You Need
- Create Prospecting Lists
- And more using our online search tool or through your own analysis of exported data fields
The leading source for high quality data needed for any number of business concerns, DMM data is used for planning, investing, marketing, marketing analysis of publicly traded companies, REITs, revenue trending studies, economic market studies, and so much more!
Wondering if DMM has the retail data you need?
Start Your FREE Trial Today!
Click Here to Begin!