How to Run a Geographical Search / Query
1. Run a search query by clicking Start a Query:
2. From here you can filter based on many different categories:
Note: You may search a single category to filter results or apply multiple categories altogether.
There are 7 search categories which include: General Info, Geography, Demographics, Physical Features, Leasing Info, Companies, and Stores
3. Since this is a tutorial for a Geographical Query, we will click the Geography tab:
4. There are four main geographical categories you can search by: State, County, Metro Area, and City.
Important Note: If you select State category and then use another category, you will end up with an “OR” scenario and your results will be including all the centers in the state, instead of an “AND” scenario.
5. Once you have a specific State in mind, put a check mark next to the box of the desired State. Then click the View button to see your results.
Note: When you choose a single State, on the right side you will see Your Search Criteria which has Geography with “Match any of 1 States“. In this example we chose New York State, and the number of Results are 327.
6. You can also choose multiple states by check marking each desired State or by Region. Mouse over each region to see all states included in that selection. By clicking a specific Region you automatically choose states within that Region. Then click the View button to see your results.
Note: If North East Region is selected, it automatically selects Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
Mouse-over each Region to see all states included in that Region
Tip: The quickest way to search all U.S. and exclude Canada, is to click each of the 5 U.S. regions.
7. When selecting a geography by County, choose the State from the list on the County Tab, then enter the Keyword for a desired County.
8. Highlight the County or Counties and then click the single green arrow button pointing right to add it to Your Search Criteria in the far right column.
9. Once the highlighted County has gone to the next box as a selection. Click the View button to see your results.
10. When selecting Geography by Metro Area you select U.S. State(s) from the list on the Metro Area tab, then highlight desired Metropolitan Statistical Area(s) (MSA).
11. Then click the single green arrow button pointing right to add it to Your Search Criteria. Once in the adjacent box as a selection, click the View button to see your results.
Note: If there are multiple results under Keywords, you can add them all simply by clicking the double right arrow button.
12. When selecting your Geography by City, first select State(s) and then enter Keywords for the City.
13. Then select the desired City or Cities, and click the single green arrow button pointing right to add it to the adjacent box as part of your selection for Your Search Criteria. Click the View button to see your results.
14. After clicking the View button, remember to scroll down to see the list of results.
15. Navigate through your results by clicking Next or select a number to jump to the next page.