DMM Retail Trade Areas
DMM Retail Trade Area intelligence based upon mobile device data is a better way to analyze and track retail activity patterns.
The DMM Retail Trade Areas are available through the strategic alliance of the Directory of Major Malls’ leading shopping center information, the power of mobile location data and the geospatial expertise and analysis of B.I. Spatial has created an unparalleled database of accurate trade areas for malls and shopping centers.
With the DMM Retail Retail Trade Area data integrated into your geospatial technology, you can see an unbiased trade areas for over 8,467 major U.S. and Canadian shopping centers and malls. Use the information to analysis trade area demographics, conduct targeted marketing campaigns, optimize outdoor advertising and make better site selection decisions for your stores.
Our Location Analysis Methodology:
- Define a polygon for each shopping center and mall
- Tag any device seen in that location over a set period of time (up to a year)
- Pull historical location data on the devices found in the target area (e.g. customers)
- Identify patronage patterns before or after arriving at the location and day-part
- Factor likely residential and work locations by filtering data by time of day
“Likely Home Locations” for patrons are pinpointed and trade area polygons are created. The ability to use the precision and volume of mobile device data to assess sites and build trade areas provides incredible insight. Applications for this valuable analysis include:
- Store trade areas (yours and your competition)
- Site/Mall/Shopping Center assessment via demographic and psychographic profiling
- Cannibalization studies
- Real Estate Strategy Development
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Segmentation and Behavioral Analysis
- Cross Shopping Studies
The Benefits of Reality vs. Rings is that:
- You are intercepting the customers, but not interrupting them
- Your sample size is typically in the thousands
- You can differentiate between individual stores
- You can slice the data by day and hour
STANDARD DATASETS ARE AVAILABLE BY:
- National (USA)
- Region (USA)
- DMA (USA)
Per location options also available.
Standard GIS formats including but not limited to; Shape, Tab, Alteryx, KML. Customization options are available. Contact us to discuss options.
A signed End-Use Agreement is required for all custom data products.
Note: This dataset is available under separate custom licensing. It is currently NOT an add-on option for the ShoppingCenters.com online access.